Orange Home Grown Scholarships
The Orange Home Grown scholarship program has become a huge success, supporting college level students (or High School Seniors entering college) in their quest to reach their education dreams in the field of agriculture, food, the environment, or related studies. Each year, Orange Home Grown awards two scholarships to inspiring college students, whose interests and studies align with our mission.
This application is for Orange Home Grown’s Annual Academic Scholarship, which will be given out to two-four recipients, who meet the application criteria and are approved by the majority of the Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee of Orange Home Grown, Inc. Please fill out the application below and submit the requested supplemental material to an Orange Home Grown Board member or to P.O. Box 871, Orange, CA 92856 by the dates provided.
1. In person: Submit no later than Saturday April 15, 2017
2. Via USPS: must be postmarked no later than Thursday April 13, 2017
Scholarship winner(s) will be notified no later than Monday May 15, 2017 and the recipients will be presented their checks at a special fundraiser event or at the farmers market on a date specified by the Board of Directors.
Past WinnersFirst Year Recipients:
1. Anayeli Sarabia
2. Leah Masuoka
Second Year Recipients:
1. Anayeli Sarabia
2. Natalie Eisner
Third Year Recipients:
1. Guy Hernandez
2. Avery Barbera
3. Joshua Jaime
4. Amber Buzzard
Requested Materials1. Please include a personal resume
2. Please include a 500‐750 word essay providing Orange Home Grown with your plan on how you will utilize your knowledge in your field of study to impact your local and/or global community, as well as how you will plan on using the awarded scholarship funds.
OHG Scholarship Application
Application Criteria1. College or high school currently attending
2. College level of study
3. Field of study in line with our Mission Statement (declared major a plus)– Examples: Agriculture, Sustainability, Environment Related, Health/Fitness, etc.
4. Submit completed application and requested supplemental material by deadline above